International Aid

The College of Charleston is a state-affiliated institution which means tuition rates differ for resident and non-resident students. While our academic fees are less than those of many other institutions in the state and across the nation, we recognize that the cost of attending college in the US is a significant expense in the family budget.

Here’s what you need to know about international scholarships:

  • No separate application required for any level of scholarship.
  • All scholarships are renewable up to four years (8 semesters).
  • Students are encouraged to apply early.
  • College of Charleston cannot offer international students need-based financial aid. However, we do award the following scholarships to international students.

International Ambassador Scholarship: Deadline—March 1

  • International Ambassador Scholarship: $10,000 per year.
    The International Ambassador Scholarship is awarded to international students who are commit to attending the College of Charleston.
  • Eurasia International Ambassador Scholarship: $20,000 per year.
    The Eurasia International Ambassador Scholarship is awarded to international students who are citizens of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan. 

Do I qualify for Federal or State Assistance?

International students holding F/J visa type are not eligible for Federal grants/student loans or South Carolina grants/scholarships.

What resources are available for CofC International Students?

  • Education USA - Whether you plan to pursue a short-term or full degree program in the United States, EducationUSA has the resources you need in 'Your Five Steps to U.S. Study'.
  • MPower - A loan without a cosigner, collateral, or credit history. Loans and scholarships offered to 190+ nationalities
  • - Created to be a central resource for students to learn more about various funding options and how to successfully support your international education though a number of different sources.
  • IEFA - International Financial Aid and College Scholarship Search - Comprehensive listing of scholarships, grants, loan programs to assist students in their quest to study abroad.
  • Global Student Loan Corporation - Offers alternative loans to accommodate International Students without having to provide a U.S. cosigner.
  • International Student Loans - Offers alternative loans to international students studying in the USA based on the country you are from and where you are studying. U.S. cosigner is required.
  • The Paras Education Foundation - A financial consultant helping all International Students obtain study abroad loans.  Must provide a U.S. cosigner.
  • Studentloanhero - DACA Financial Aid: How ‘Dreamers’ Can Get Help Paying for College