Types of Financial Aid
This page contains information on types of aid available at the College of Charleston. Choose a topic below to find out more information.
- Loans- Loans are borrowed funds that have to be repaid with interest.
- Grants- Grants are gift (free) money, which are usually given on the basis financial need.
- Scholarships- Scholarships are gift (free) money usually given based on academic merit or some special talent.
- Veterans Benefits- Veterans benefits may be available for veterans, reservists, and dependents or spouses of veterans.
- Other Benefits- Other benefits available for students and families include work study programs, tax credits and college-savings programs.