Freshman - Institutional Scholarships
Institutional scholarships are merit-based financial awards and do not require a separate application. Choose a scholarship below for more details.
- Colonial Scholarship- The Colonial Scholarship was established as the College of Charleston’s most prestigious scholarship. Four recipients are selected among the highest qualified students from South Carolina in each freshman class.
- College of Charleston Merit Scholarship - College of Charleston Merit Scholarships are offered to first-time entering freshmen.
- National Merit Scholarship - The National Merit Scholarship is for students that are National Merit Finalists and list the College of Charleston as their first choice.
- Palmetto Promise - The CofC Palmetto Promise guarantees that all Palmetto Fellows admitted as entering freshmen will receive at least $4000 in Institutional Scholarships.
- Gateway to Success Scholarship - The Gateway to Success Scholarship has been established to increase enrollment of first generation, under served, and economically disadvantaged students with strong competitive academic credentials. The scholarship is offered to first-time entering freshmen.
- James E. Clyburn Scholarship - Students receiving The James E. Clyburn/Rudolph Canzater Foundation Scholarship will receive a matching scholarship from the College of Charleston.
- Upward Bound Scholarship - Scholarships are offered to two Charleston County residents who have participated in a TRIO program as designated by the US Department of Education and who possess strong academic records.
- International Student Scholarship - The International Student Scholarship has been established to provide scholarship funding to the highest qualified international students in the freshman class.
- Scholarship Renewal Criteria