VA Work Study

Veterans work-study program can help you earn money while you’re enrolled in a college.


• Students must be receiving GI Bill Benefits
• Students must be enrolled at least 3/4 time
     Undergraduates: 9 credit hours or more
     Graduates: 6 credit hours or more


• $7.25 per hour (Federal Minimum Wage)
• Earnings are non-taxable
• A paycheck is cut for every 50 hours worked (2-3 weeks processing time)


• Students may work up to twenty-five hours a week, each semester

Job Locations

• Students may work at VA approved sites only
Approved VA Work Study Locations & Contacts in the TriCounty Area 


• Choose an Approved VA Work Study Location and contact them for employment opportunities.(Contact your Certifying Official if your desired site is not listed.)

• If you have not already done so, Request Enrollment Certification for the semester you wish to work

• You will receive a letter of notification that your Enrollment Certification Request has been processed, and a copy of your (VA Forms 1999 or 1905).

• Complete VA Form 22-8691 Application for VA Work-Study Allowance

• Take complete application and copy of your enrollment certification to the prospective employer.